Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pampers vs. Huggies

I've started to struggle with what type of diapers to use. When Hailey was born, I tried Huggies. I hated them because they were so tough feeling and I didn't think Hailey's little bum would appreciate that. So, I resorted to Pampers. I loved Pampers. They're soft and seem to serve their purpose. Hailey hardly ever had a rash. Until now....Ugh!!!! Now that Hailey's variety of food consumption has started to become more diverse, her poop has reflected that. It's amazing how disgusting the stuff is that comes out of her bum. Not only that, the smell is horrid. I feel like I walk into our house and it smells like poop. I definately appreciate air freshner! My issue is that it doesn't appear that Pampers is a good fit anymore. I'm giving Hailey more bath's because she has more poop outside her diaper than inside the diaper. What's the purpose of the diaper? Given this new issue, I've had to re-evaluate what brand of diapers to use. So, I'm back to the drawing board....Huggies or Pampers. Maybe I should try a generic brand. I love the Target brand for baby wipes. Anyone have insight into this new situation?

4 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I love Pampers over Huggies and had problems with publix, target or sam's diapers leading to diaper rash. We were gettting occasional diaper rash with Pampers and spending so much money on Pampers that we just made the switch to cloth diapers and never seen a rash since! They hold a ton, it's cheaper, and great for the environment!! We use these http://www.bumgenius.com/one-size.php which are just like disposable, will grow with her and we can use them on baby #2! So soft and she looks adorable in them!
But, if you're choosing between pampers and huggies, im a pampers girl! hth

Kristin said...

We want updates...We want updates...We want updates...We want updates...We want updates!!!

Unknown said...

We use Luv's... had the same issue with Hannah's poo leaking out. Luv's has been a good fit lately...

Debby Beachy said...

Oh my goodness ladies...just go with the good old cloth diapers.
You won't have to deal with it as long because the baby can't stand to wear them.
LOL
mom