Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Infertility Pains

I found out I was pregnant around Thanksgiving 2007. I woke up early in the morning to take a pregnancy test, which finally came out positive. This was after two years of trying including several months of fertility assistance. The first person I told was Brian, obviously, but then it was my mom. I was then forced to immediately tell my grandma or my mom would spoil the excitement for me. I honestly feel that I got pregnant after lots of prayer and booking a ticket to Australia to visit my brother, Scotty, that I missed dearly. I have been blessed with the best pregnancy ever! My first trimester was a breeze. I was able to fly across the world during this time and had never gotten sick. The only think I couldn't eat was pizza. I almost forgot I was pregnant, but was quickly reminded when I took a dive into the ocean and my stomach stretched out more than it should've. I never did that again. My second trimester was the hardest because I had some major growing and stretching pains. Now I'm in the third trimester and I'm awaiting the excitement of meeting our first child to be, Hailey Hammerling! I know you can never be prepared for parenthood, but at this point, Brian and I are ready for it. This is one of my favorite pictures with my sisters. They are very excited to meet her as well. The coolest feeling in the world is all the support that I've had while trying to get pregnant in addition to everyone's anticipation for her debut.

3 comments:

Julie Frizzi said...

Wow, this is exciting. My good friend, Kelly, has a blog about all she went through with infertility. Lily was just born 10 weeks ago. Her blog is babyhutcheson.blogspot.com. Visit her and make a comment that you are my neice. She did her counseling internship with me and now is a school counselor.

Julie Frizzi said...

You will make an awesome mom. Love you.

Julie Frizzi said...

It is difficult to read the black font...