Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best Friend and Lover


Meet my husband, Brian, also known as "B" or B-Pod." We met through a mutual friend when I was 18 years old. We've been together since then. We are completely different and often laugh at how we can answer a question two very different ways. The one thing that we agree on is how much we love each other and will always be there for each other no matter what. He has allowed me to be an independent thinker and decision maker. He has taken care of me since I was 18 years old; protected me, loved me, and challenged me. When we were both attending college at UW-Stevens Point we decided to take austronomy together. I've always been challenged academically and of course school came easy to him. I needed to get a good grade on my final exam so he quizzed me to death which got me the grade I needed. He first told me he loved me while in Aruba after six months of dating. I would say my favorite memory is our wedding. It was such a day of celebration and sharing that with lots of family and friends. Our challenging moments are few and far inbetween, but I think that's because we compromise and don't put a lot of pressure on having to come up with the perfect answer. A marriage is a growing relationship that is always being challenged by elements around you. As long as you have faith and trust each other things will work out. You may be reading this and question if I'm for real and may say, "just wait until you have a baby." We'll, bring it on!

1 comment:

Julie Frizzi said...

Oh, that is the sweetest story. I loved your wedding. The kids and I had the best time! I am so glad to know you are happily married and now you will be getting your long awaited baby.